Relay For Rescue waiver and release of claims, indemnity agreement, assumptions risk and consent to medical treatment (“Waiver).
Please read the following Relay For Rescue (“Event”) waiver carefully as it affects your future legal rights. By proceeding with registering for the event you acknowledge and agree that you have carefully read and fully understand the waiver and agree to the terms set forth below.
The following must be carefully read and signed in consideration of being permitted to enter (for any purpose) the Event and associated property/venues (“Premises”). As used in this Waiver, the term “Releases” is defined to include the following: (i) Relay For Rescue and any of its affiliated companies, owners, members, directors, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Host”); (ii) any Premises owners; (iii) any Event volunteers; and (iv) any Event Sponsors.
In consideration of participating in the event, on behalf of myself and any personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin, I understand, agree, and represent as follows:
- I certify that I am at least twenty-one (21) years of age and that if I choose to consume alcoholic beverages, I will do so responsibly.
- I expressively agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall continue in full legal force and effect.
- I voluntarily, knowingly, and freely assume all risks associated with attending the Event and entering the Premises, including, but not limited to, my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others (including Event attendees, staff, or volunteers), injuries, illness, contact with others (including Event attendees, staff, or volunteers), Premises defects and the effects of weather, including heat/ and or humidity.
- I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, to follow any instructions or directions given by Host through its staff, representatives, volunteers, or agents, and to abide by any decision of any Event official relative to my ability to safely attend the Event.
- I certify that I have no medical condition that would make my attendance at the Event more hazardous.
- I consent to medical care and transportation to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as Host, volunteers, or medical professionals may deem appropriate and understand that this Waiver extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency and/or injury.
- I understand and agree that I am expected to exhibit appropriate behavior and to obey all local, state, and federal civil and criminal laws, while attending the Event or on the facilities or on the premises. This includes respect for other people, equipment, facilities, or property. Host may dismiss me, without refund, should my behavior endanger the safety of or negatively affect the Event, Premises, or any person, facility or property. I also agree to indemnify the Releases from any and all third-party claims caused in whole or in part by my negligent or intentional acts or omissions.
- I understand and agree that Host is not responsible for personal items or property that is lost, damaged, or stolen at the Event.
- I consent to the use of my image in photographs, motion pictures, or recordings taken at the Event for use in Event advertising, marketing, or promotion.
- I assign to Host all rights, title, and interest any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or other records of the Event (“Records”) I may take or capture to Host. Host grants to me a limited, non-exclusive right and license to use the Records for non- commercial purposes only.
- I understand and agree that the sale of unauthorized merchandise at the Event is not permitted and may result in my dismissal.
- I understand and agree that I may not bring weapons or illegal substances to the Event or Premises.
- I understand and agree that all ticket purchases are final and nonrefundable.
- I understand and agree that Host reserves the right to cancel the Event to protect the safety and security of Event attendees. In the event of such cancellation, there will be no refund of my ticket purchase.
- I recognize and acknowledge that there are hazards and risks of physical injury or illness to Event attendees and that not all such hazards or risks can be fully eliminated. I freely and voluntarily agree to assume the full risk of death, bodily injury, or property damage, regardless of severity, that I may sustain as a result of my attendance at the Event or while on the Premises, whether or not caused by negligence of the Releases.
- I indemnify and hold harmless the Releases from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may incur while I am at the Event or on the Premises, whether or not caused by the negligence of the Releases.
I release, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Releases and waive any claims, causes of action, obligations, lawsuits, charges, complaints, controversies, damages, costs or expenses of whatever kind, nature, or description, whether direct or indirect, in law or in equity in contract or in tort, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, arising out of or not caused by one negligence or the Releases.